Blenders these days are a great help in the kitchen as they can tremendously save your time and effort required for food preparation. It saves you time and allows you to do other tasks. It also gives the consistency your dough needs to make that perfect bread. On the other hand, choosing the right kitchen blender is a difficult task but has to be done cautiously to ensure that you get the right one according to your needs and preferences. This also necessitates the need of being vigilant before buying a blender. Here are some points that will help you while selecting a home blender that suits your needs.
- First look over your kitchen size and your storage space. You can select countertop blenders if there is space for them in your kitchen. On the contrary, if there is no space for a preparation table in your kitchen then go for a hand-held or immersion blender. There are various hand-held blenders available in the market that can do the tasks of a counter-top blender.
- You must also decide on the material of the blender jar which you think is appropriate for your household. Blender jars are available in three materials: glass, plastic, and polycarbonate. Polycarbonate blender jars are apparently the most suitable option as they combine the properties of plastic and glass. These jars are clear, light, and do not crack or break easily.
- You must select the material that best fits your kitchen needs and household. Look over the merits and demerits of each material of the blender jar. Plastic jars are unbreakable and cracks could be mend using adhesives however; they are more prone to cracking up in extreme temperatures. On the other hand, glass blender jars are clear but could break easily.
- Look over the motor power of the blender you are considering to buy. Generally, blenders are available in the range of 250 watts to 2,237 watts. Commercial blenders are of higher motor power while domestic ones are of lower power. The more the motor power of a blender, the more efficient would it be. If you are unaware of checking the motor capacity or power, ask the sales representative for help. BlenderReviews is packed with useful information on blenders and their reviews.
- Analyze the revolutions-per-minute or the speed of the blender blades. Speeds of the blenders generally range from 1 to 14. Typically, kitchen blender users prefer 1-3 speed range blenders.